To help move things along at auditions, please complete your audition form ahead of time (it’s much easier to complete your conflicts with a calendar at home). Don’t worry, we will have copies at auditions should you need to one. You can download an audition form here.
Actors should be prepared for the following:
- Prepare to sing a song from a musical (no pop, R&B, rap, etc.) not to exceed 32 bars. An accompanist will be provided, as well as a CD/Cassette player. Please bring music in your key. No singing over pre-recorded vocal tracks.
- Those who are auditioning a specific role (Narrator, Joseph, Pharaoh, Reuben, Simon or Judah) will be asked to sing a selection from the show (see below).
Narrator / Go Go Go Joseph & Potiphar
Joseph / Grovel, Grovel & Close Every Door
Pharaoh / Song of the King
Reuben / One More Angel
Simon / Those Canaan Days
Judah /Benjamin Calypso
- Please make sure burned CDs are formatted correctly and will play on multiple CD players prior to your audition as we cannot guarantee that your burned CD will be compatible with our equipment.
- Come prepared to learn a short dance routine to music from the show. Dress comfortably and bring appropriate footwear (character shoes, dance shoes, tennis shoes, etc). Flip-flops or bare feet ARE NOT acceptable (this is for your safety).
- If you have a resume please bring a copy with you to auditions
- Please bring a recent photograph. Please make sure that you are the only person in the picture.
- Your resume and/or photograph will not be returned to you.
Questions? Contact Executive Producer Joan Eichhorn by phone at 410-654-0494 or email Associate Producer Allen Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org.